Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Owls every where







Owls are the big thing with my girl right now. Her cousin is into them, too, and Zoe's interest is in large part due to a serious case of hero worship. Because of this my knitting is overrun by the cute little things. There's owl sweaters, hats, mitts, even toys.

The little toy owls, Hedwig and Pigwidgeon, are the Wise Owl pattern from Lion Brand. Free pattern, cute and easy. The sweaters are for my boys and there will be a third coming along for my girl. She insisted she needed a Hedwig sweater for Christmas so hers will be white. I used Kate Davies' very very cute Owlet pattern. Once I get through all the Christmas knitting I think I'll even make myself one using her OWLS pattern. Her patterns inspired other designers to come up with the Who? and Owling patterns which I used for my 11 year old niece's gift.

1 comment:

  1. I *LOVE* those toy owls!! I just saw the owl pattern on ravelry the other day too - so cute. Your stuff is so amazing.

    ReplyDelete